Now more than ever, helping our clients communicate what’s noteworthy, newsworthy, or better yet, buzzworthy, can make all the difference. That’s why, in a role as a Public Relations Account Manager at PHG, you can too.
As a PR Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for establishing clients’ business goals, learning their industries and developing creative, strategic public relations and social media campaigns that impact their businesses. You’ll also act as the liaison between client teams and the media, pitching stories and ideas to traditional media, influencers and bloggers.
- Two to five or more years specifically at an advertising or PR agency as a public relations and/or social media account manager
- Establish clients’ business goals and learn client industries to develop creative, strategic public relations and social media campaigns that impact clients’ businesses
- Serve as a primary client contact and relationship manager, providing leadership, counsel and direction
- Work within the agency structure to define, plan and execute PR, social media, and marketing plans and tactics for agency clients
- Write and edit PR plans, media materials, social media plans and content, etc
- Pitch stories and ideas to media and bloggers
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of PR, advertising and marketing disciplines
- Develop and manage annual and project-based budgets for agency clients
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing high-quality results on schedule
- Bachelor’s degree mandatory and Master’s degree preferred.
- Two to five or more years of experience in an advertising or PR agency as a public relations account manager
- Proven ability to create and implement PR and social media strategies
- Extremely strong writing skills (ability to write press releases, media pitches, communications plans, talking points, social media content)
- Polished client advisor
- Problem-solver and quick on your feet
- Articulate – verbally and in writing
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong detail management
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is a must