Chances are, you’re already on social media every day. Or every hour. Okay, every minute. But have you ever thought about putting that knowledge and passion to work? If so, now’s the time to apply to be our next Assistant Social Media Strategist. And while you’re at it, go ahead and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
In this role, you’ll work as part of our Social Media Team to help develop, manage and implement compelling social media content for agency clients and learn directly from our Manager of Social Media Strategy & Engagement. In terms of must-haves, our next Assistant Social Media Strategist should be a creative writer with strong multitasking, prioritization, and interpersonal skills and a love for all things social media.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of relevant social media management and content creation experience at an agency or in-house (full-time or internship)
- Collaborating with Account, Media, and Creative teams, among others, to bring content strategy to life, based on overall client business goals
- Daily management of social communities on behalf of clients by monitoring conversations, responding to direct messages, and interacting with fans across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter in the client’s established voice and tone
- Developing social media content strategies, creating content calendars, scheduling and deploying within HeyOrca (agency content calendar planning tool)
- Planning post topics
- Writing compelling social media content to drive engagement and conversions
- Working with the Creative team to create visual assets that will resonate with the audience and share brand/product message in a unique way
- Working alongside the Media team on the paid social strategy
- Guiding content through internal and external approvals
- Helping to plan, organize and manage activities including social media giveaways, and activations including influencer programs
- Compiling, analyzing and distributing reports on social media performance and regularly make recommendations, updates, and improvements based on findings
- Contributing social media writing skills to one-off projects
- Applying understanding of best practices across social channels, presenting new ideas to foster engagement with audiences
- Staying up to date on current social media best practices and trends, as well as global/national news and pop culture happenings to ensure cultural relevancy across content
- Strong knowledge of, and personal participation in, social media
- Strong understanding of best practices across Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly and write in various styles for diverse audiences. Social copywriting skills are a plus.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office and GSuite applications
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties
- Ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines