The Assistant Social Media Strategist will provide support for our Social Media team and will report directly to the Manager of Social Media Strategy & Engagement. We believe a successful candidate for this position will be a creative and compelling writer, with strong multitasking, prioritization, and interpersonal skills, who enjoys working with people in a creative and fun environment. Knowledge of and passion for the ever-changing world of social media is a must.
This position will start partially remote and ultimately work out of our Syracuse office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborating with Account, Media, and Creative teams, among others, to bring content strategy to life, based on overall client business goals
- Daily management of social communities on behalf of clients by monitoring conversations, responding to direct messages, and interacting with fans across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter in the client’s established voice and tone
- Developing social media content strategies, creating content calendars, scheduling and deploying within HeyOrca (agency content calendar planning tool)
- Planning post topics
- Writing compelling social media content to drive engagement and conversions
- Working with the Creative team to create visual assets that will resonate with the audience and share brand/product message in a unique way
- Working alongside the Media team on the paid social strategy
- Guiding content through internal and external approvals
- Helping to plan, organize and manage activities including social media giveaways, and activations including influencer programs
- Compiling, analyzing and distributing reports on social media performance and regularly make recommendations, updates, and improvements based on findings
- Contributing social media writing skills to one-off projects
- Applying understanding of best practices across social channels, presenting new ideas to foster engagement with audiences
- Staying up to date on current social media best practices and trends, as well as global/national news and pop culture happenings to ensure cultural relevancy across content
- 1-3+ years of relevant social media management and content creation experience at an agency or in-house (full-time or internship)
- Strong knowledge of, and personal participation in, social media
- Strong understanding of best practices across Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and new platforms including TikTok.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly and write in various styles for diverse audiences. Social copywriting skills are a plus.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office and GSuite applications
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties
- Ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines
About Pinckney Hugo Group
PHG is an award-winning marketing and communications agency
7-time winner of the Fortune fastest growing private companies list
Multiple winner of Best Companies to work for in NYS
US Chamber of Commerce Dream Big Top Small Companies Award
Centerstate CEO Company of the Year
Creative awards too many to count
We'd like to know more about you and why you're interested in PHG. Please be sure to include a cover letter with your resume submission.
At Pinckney Hugo Group, we believe that diversity improves our agency and helps us to better serve our clients by offering different views, perspectives and experiences. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and team, and aspire to better reflect the brands and people we serve. We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQAI+ community, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups to apply to join our team.
Pinckney Hugo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer